Re: TR7 limited edition.

To: Steve Redway <106503.2253@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR7 limited edition.
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:25:13 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Steve Redway wrote:

> Greetings from the TR Register UK,
> I am not sure whether you can help or not, but I am trying to produce an
> article here in our TRaction magazine on the limited edition TR7s that were
> sold in the USA over a number of years. The Victory, 30th Anniversary,
> Spider, Southern Skies etc are the names given to them. Some were fixed
> heads, some convertibles. I am after production years, quantities,
> features, colours etc. Are there any Wedgie enthusiast out there that may
> be able to help, maybe a note in your great magazine may provide me with
> some answers? Keep up the Triumpant work.
>
> Steve Redway
> TR Register "TRaction" Editor.
> 106503,2253@COMPUSERVE.COM

Steve, I can't help much; hopefully others will. (I'm copying the
"triumphs" list as well as the VTR list in this reply.)

I remember the "Victory Edition," circa 1976, notable for its sliding
sunroof and white "spoke" wheels (much like wheels popular on Jeep-type
vehicles of the period, and about as heavy). White was probably the most
common color, although there were others, I believe.

The "Spider" was very nice, too -- black paint and a grey(?) cloth interior
with red accents.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm more a Herald person.

--Andy