Door Fitting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Fitting
From: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@lcfh.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 96 00:28:41 +0000
A quick question for all...

My 4A's driver side door (LHD) has never fit quite right.  It is reluctant
to shut fully and stands proud at the B Post.  The door is not
the original, its probably a door from a 4.  The B-post and sill were also
replaced at one time (DPO) due to accident damage (Hence the non-original
door).  I replaced both hinges, and have tried all variations of
adjustment with hinges and striker mechanisms with no joy.

I remember reading (either on the list or someplace else) a method of
jacking the body from the frame and adding/subtracting mounting shims at
various mounting points to adjust the gap.  Does anyone have wisdom with
this technique?  Would replacing the striker mech have any effect?

Thanks....
pcarson@lcfh.demon.co.uk
Low Common Farm
Sofpars Field Service Engineer