TR-6 advice needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 advice needed
From: Sukey <Msukey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:28:01 -0500
Greetings Triumphions

I am plotting my winter Triumph projects as my cars rest (or is that
rust) in my northern Ohio garage.  I think suspension upgrades are going
to be my targets this year.  Let me toss some questions to the expert
staff on line.

1)  Does Tokico make a performance shock for the front of a TR-6,  if so
does anybody know the part
        number ?

2)  I will by looking into sway bar upgrades for front and rear.  Good
Parts out of Mohnton PA.  Is selling them for about $50 more than the
rest of the sources out there.  I observed his car at Roadster Factory
this summer and it appears he has a pretty hot set up.  Does anybody
know if his sway bars are worth the extra cash and if so why ?

3)     I have had some carb problems with the TR-6,  maybe somebody out
there has been there, done that.

        Fist of all let me state that I have put the normal rebuild kit
into both carbs (Z-STOMBERGS).  When I had the car on a road course and
was going through a hard left hand turn the car would miss like it was
momentarily out of fuel.  The same sensation took place when
autocrossing.  My first thoughts were that the float were set too low.
I proceeded to raise them .020".  This seemed to take care of my left
hand turn problem at Nelson Ledges (was this just a fluke) but the car
still hesitated on a autocross course. People watching me said that it
looked like the black smoke from running rich appeared when it
hesitated.  I suppose it could have been loading up.  Has any body out
there got any ideas ?  If so please point me in the right direction.

Marty
72 TR-6
73 GT-6