lawyer joke of the day (fwd)

To: triumphs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: lawyer joke of the day (fwd)
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:10:15 +0000 (GMT)
Hope this don't offend any lawyers we may have on the list. :-)

It turns out that Heaven isn't above Hell, but rather, Heaven and Hell
share the same plane and are separated only by a long wooden fence.
One day, the Devil decides to throw this huge bash.  Lots of bands
perform with some of the biggest names, and the Damned start having a
heck of a party.  Toward the end of festivities, a big fireball fight
breaks out and, sure enough, one lands on the fence and burns it down.

God complains to the Devil and insists that the Devil rebuild the
fence.

The Devil says, "Sure, no problem.  I've got all the union leaders over
here as well as most of the building contractors."

So, the fence is rebuilt but it's three feet to one side so that Hell
has taken over three feet of Heaven.  God is PO'd.

"If you don't move that fence back," yells God, "I'm gonna sue you.

"Yeah, right," says the Devil.  "Where are you gonna get a lawyer?