Re: New is a relative term

To: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: New is a relative term
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 07:59:25 +0100
Cc: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net, odd@triumphclub.se
Joe,
I think (as does lots of people on this side of the pond) that a new
Triumph, released from BMW/Rover, will definitively not be a sports car.
They would with a sports be competing with themselves and that is not a
sound way to make business. With the different variants of the Z3 and
the MGF they don't have the need for any more sportscars / roadsters in
the range. What we will get under the eventual badge of Triumph is a
family saloon car with more british type cosmetics than the standard
model. Only in order to boost sales of that saloon model and to fill the
Rover plants with more work.
So, THE big question for us marque enthusiasts is: Do we rally want a
new Acclaim???  Because that's what we'll get in due time...

/Odd
--

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4        International liaison secretary,