Spitfire Dashboard Question

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Spitfire Dashboard Question
From: "Joseph L. Van Meter" <joseph@dgs.dgsys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:20:17 -0500
Question for the list:

My 78 Spitfire dashpad was covered by the DPO with one of those vinyl dash
overlays that glue over the original dash.  Now that too is cracked from
the sun, leaving an equally unsightly dash.  Has anyone a suggestion for
the best way to go, now that I want to make the thing look "good as new"
again ?  Mind you, I'm not looking for concourse -- just a nice product.
Should I:  Try to peel off the overlay and hope it comes off so as to not
damage the underlying original dash pad ?  Put a second overlay over top of
the first ?  Bite the bullet and just replace the whole thing ??

It all gets down to how much trouble I can anticipate in overcoming the
glue that most of these kits probably include in their packages.

Wonder if the corporate experience of the list can point me in the best
direction ??