Re: TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US...

To: "Al Brenden" <albrendn@premier1.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US...
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:32:46 -0500 "Re: TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US..." (Dec 2, 5:13am)
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US...
> I've always wanted to know, what is a quid? or a bob?
> Have heard these terms on PBS.
> Al Brenden
> albrendn@premier1.net

Note from Rich Jackson snipped
>-- End of excerpt from Al Brenden

A quid is a nickname for pound. Like buck for dollar.
A bob is a nickname for a shilling, an outdated coinage. One shilling
became 5 new pence in the great metrication of English currency in the
early seventies.

The old values were twelve pennies to the shilling, 20 shillings to the
pound. You might also hear of guineas, that was 1 pound and 1 shilling.
Used most often in selling horses, although I have seen old ads for
a gentlemans suit priced at XX guineas. (Guinea is pronounced the same
as in New Guinea).

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com
dmitchel@ismi.net