Re: Thanks for info on ABS plastic for TR-3 radiator baffle.

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks for info on ABS plastic for TR-3 radiator baffle.
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 07:42:24 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, John Cowan wrote:

>         Thanks to everyone who offered info on ABS plastic and aluminum as
> possible materials for the baffle every TR-3 needs in order to route air
> through the radiator.  I decided that sticking with the cardboard would be
> the easiest way to get the car running safely for now.  So I painted it with
> black rustoleum and taped it in place.

        Have you had your car' radiatior rodded out an thoroughly checked?
        If so, invest in a Moss Motors replacement fan for a TR4... Your old
        fan Probably doesn't draw enough air past the radiator to keep things
        cool. the Moss fan cured my overheating problems entirely... If
        anything, my TR4 (which has the earlier TR3 radiator) tends to run on
        the cool side, now.

        Greg "Don't spend the big bucks til you have to..." Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois