RE: BPNW TR4-6 Rear Tube Shocks

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Kevin Andrews'" <kevina@wolverine.emji.net>
Subject: RE: BPNW TR4-6 Rear Tube Shocks
From: "Scott Stacey (Prince George)" <SSTACEY@sierrasys.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 06:45:46 -0800
IMHO and based on an analysis and testing by JK Jackson, lever arm
shocks are superior for the TR6 application. This is primarily because
of the immediacy of damping that occurs under twisting force imparted by
suspension travel.  Again IMHO the degrees of movement imparted by the
trailing arm when it "swings" are not significant if the shock is
mounted in rubber bushings.
Regards - Scott.