Re: Engine Oil in TRs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Oil in TRs
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:21:43 -0700

>       I have one of these engines too: 15 lbs at hot idle, 45 lbs at hot
>       cruise. I agree it nothing to be too concerned about, but I do
>       wonder about how dry the rockers seem to be when I pull off the
>       valve cover. I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to get more oil up
>       top.
>
>       Anyone tried one of these special add-ons that route oil directly up
>       to the valve cover via external tubing. I don't recall the details,
>       but I think I saw one of these in a Moss or other catalogue. All
>       opinions welcome!
>
>Thanks,

I call all the rocker-oil line feed kit and oil coolers insurance pieces.
Just good for the motor and might save you a few $$$ in the long run. I've
got em both in my Spit and TR6 (GT6 resting gently, thankyou) on fresh
motors and haven't regretted it yet.:-) (crossing fingers & toes).

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
RAP = DISCO FOR THE 90's