Re: New Triumphs kinda long

To: mdporter@rt66.com
Subject: Re: New Triumphs kinda long
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:27:11 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>J. Stovall wrote:
>>

>>         Thank you! Thank you! By all means, BMW absolutly has to make the
>> new Triumph to today's standards. Think about it. That's exatcly what Sir
>[snip!]
>
>You've pretty much echoed my sentiments here... although I notice there
>are not many more in the group in agreement.... <g>  The interesting
>part of the original message from Bill was the remark from the BMW rep
>who as I recall said there would be a new Triumph at the turn of the
>century... since lead times for new cars are typically in the 5-7 year
>range, my guess is that BMW has already started the development work.
>If BMW is smart, as they keep telling us they are, an essential part of
>their marketing research should be to poll groups such as this one and
>TSSC and the VTR to get a sense of why people feel as they do about
>existing Triumphs, and then translate those feelings into sound
>engineering.
>Cheers.
>
>--
>My other Triumph doesn't run, either....

Helluava idea! Why doesn't someone try to find a BMW e-mail address and
give'em that suggestion, try to create some kind of link between old
Triumph groups and their marketing team? Or is this another stupid idea.
(I'm not thinking straight today, so, if it is, just tell me......)

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."