Re: SU carbs for GT6

To: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: SU carbs for GT6
From: Scott Kohl <rpage@wvi.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 12:52:27 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I believe that the answer to the float chamber angle is in the rubber
spacer/washer between the chamber and the carb body.  If you compare
the ones on the TR4 carbs with those off of a vertically-mounted
chamber application (Triumph 2500/2.5,I think) you should notice a
difference in the arrangement of the projections on the spacer.  There
is an ear on the carb body above the hole for the thru bolt, to which
indexes a projection on the spacer.  The thickness of the projection
determines the angle at which the chamber is held.  This should be the
only change necessary.  Just as an interesting aside, do you know what
"S.U." stands for?
                                            Triumphantly,
                                               Scott Kohl