Re: SU carbs for GT6<Pine.LNX.3.91.961205082911.20397B-100000@broadway.s

To: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: SU carbs for GT6<Pine.LNX.3.91.961205082911.20397B-100000@broadway.sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 09:18:49 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I've been following the thread on the triple SU HS4 carb setup for six
>cylinder Triumphs with interest - unfortunately it appeared that the
>manifold made by Mr. Good wouldn't fit under a GT6 bonnet. I was
>considering the possibilities of casting my own (the casting's not bad
>but the thought of untold hours of sorting linkages, jets, etc. is a bit
>daunting), however...

With regards to fitting triple SU's to a GT6, anyone who has been in the TSSC
for a few years may well remember a member who cast his own manifolds to fit
triple SU's his GT6, this was done to create a 'look' similiar to an E-type.
There were plenty of photo's in the Courier(TSSC magazine), and if I remember
correctly he was even considering casting extras to sell.  If you want I can
try and find out details.

Rich
Leicester Area Organisor - TSSC - For another year!!!