Air filter Dust Cover

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air filter Dust Cover
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:35:44 -0800
Encoding: 19 TEXT
I've got a US '67 Spitfire Mk2 which was made (or perhaps licensed) late
enough to have some early Mk 3 stuff. For example, it does have the pcv
which sits on the exhaust manifold & is attached to a hose which comes
off the valve cover. I know the earlier Mk 2's don't have this PCV &
instead vent the hose from the valve cover directly into the air filter
dust cover.

I don't have the dust cover for my filters (perhaps there never was
one). I went to a junkyard to see if I could get one, but the only ones
I saw had an input tube to connect the hose from the valve cover. Since
I already have a place to put that hose (eg into the pcv), it doesn't
work for me.

Here's my question. Did Triumph make a dust cover for spitfire Mk 2 or 3
which covers both airfilters but does not have any tubes connecting to
it from the valve cover?

Eric.
(restoring 67 Mk 2 Spit)