RE: Questions, questions

To: "DDilucchio@aol.com" <DDilucchio@aol.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Questions, questions
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 08 Dec 1996 21:01:28 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: triumph-group <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0985632AB9D28003-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0985632AB9D28003*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Dan Dilucchio wrote:
As a new owner of a '66 Spitfire/ Mark II, I need some help (really lot's of
help). The car was in storage for 5 years - gas and break fluid drained. I
started the engine last evening - with some effort (had to "jump" the
battery). Sounds great - but - after turning the engine off / removing the
key, the red ignition light stays on. I disconnected the battery cables for
saftey purposes. What have I done!  Any ideas on what could be causing this
problem? Thanks for the help.  Oh, one other quick question - does it matter
what type of break fluid I use in the Spit?
Dan - you might have an ignition switch that allows the key to be removed
when the ignition is not completely turned off.  Mine does that from time to
time, and occasionally the key does not spring back to the "on" position
after engaging the starter!  Makes for some exciting times.

As to brake fluid, you can use either DOT 3 or DOT 4 with no modifications.
 You can also go with DOT 5 silicone, however you will need to drain the
system completely first if that is the route you choose to go.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4