Re: Weber DGV Troubles

To: jarrow@dlewest.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Troubles
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 12:02:29 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Regarding the hesitation and misses you experience on your Weber DGV-equiped
TR6, I've had similar problems .  As someone on the list already advised
check the float levels etc. on the carbs.  Also, make sure that the fuel line
is not getting too hot causing vapor lock.  Do you run an electric pump?

Does your car have the vacuum advance or retard lines connected to the
Webers?  If so, try removing them, especially the retard line.  My mechanic
determined that a large part of my cars' off-line and transition hesitation
was due to the tim ing being retarded at the wrong times.  Removing the
retard line helped solve the problem (I'm running the Crane elect. unit,
BTW).

I'd also make sure that your valves are all set correctly.  This can
contribute to your problems with hesitation.

Once you have the "troubles" cured I know that you are going to enjoy the
reliability and performance of your TR6 with the Weber downdraughs.  It
really is a practical conversion.

Hope this helps,
Kevin D. O'Connor