TR6 CARBS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 CARBS
From: Jdttrs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 19:35:30 -0500
Since posting the info on my TR6 with twin HS6 SU's I have had several
questions concerning the installation.  The HS6 will fit on the stock
manifold
using the same bolts and insulating blocks. The float chambers fit leval
as I received them. They are the same height as the ZS Stromburgs so
hood clearence is not a problem. The linkage works in the middle the
same as the stock ZS setup. The person I got them from will fit any type
of needle depending if the engine is stock, has a different cam,or what.
Just tell him what you have and he will fit the correct needle. Their are
vacuum fitting for some of the pollution hoses as on the 74 and later TR6 but
I didn't use them as I have a 69. The choke will work with one cable if you
buy the connection link to go between the two carbs. That is what I did.
I bought mine from an ad in Hemmings, Only list phone number in the ad.
Call 707-823-1957 for his latest prices. I bought the HS6 with the ball
bearing
float chamber, Hope this info helps.

Dean T.                driving Triumph's for 32 years
58 TR3A        60 TR3A
64 TR4           63 Sports SIx
69 TR6           72 Stag