New/old 240Zs

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New/old 240Zs
From: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 07:02:49 -0500 (EST)
I have also seen the Nissan ads for reconditioned 240Zs, and I'm
enthusiastic about the idea.  However, I hope that they can pull it off
while holding to the original appeal of the 240Z: fast, simple, and
affordable.

Someone else mentioned that they expected the price of these reconditioned
cars to be over $20K, with warrenty, upgrades, etc.  I bought a 2-year old
1972 240Z for $3800, which was about half of my meager salary as a young
ensign recently out of school.  If anyone out there has Nissan's ear on
this, I'd suggest pricing the car at its original sticker adjusted to 1997
dollars.  I don't have any data on this, but I suspect that it work out to
$12 - 14K.  As part of the deal, they could have the same warrenty terms
and ABSOLUTELY no modern upgrades.  Whether this is legally possible, I
have no idea.

Thanks for listening.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT37089L)