[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: DAVID BROCK <brock@gaul.csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:29:12 -0500
A couple of questions about dampness in my LGC (little German Coupe), and
what better place to ask about dampness than here *grin*.  I *do* drive a
Spit as well, so I feel like I have the right to ask you...

I have a leak in the rear door of the Jetta- I think it's just a loose
rubber thingy at the base of the window- there's a gap, anyways, and it
seems like water is getting in- AND I have a hole in the plastic sheet
inside the door, so when the rain or melted snow gets through the gap in
the window, it runs down the inside of the door, and out onto the carpet
in the back seat.  So severly, sometimes that I get 1/4" of water on
the floor of the passenger side of the car.

So, I think, I drive it, and don't sit over there... no problem.  But
because there is so much moisture in the car that the window
defoggers/defrosters (I'm in Canada) are absolutely ineffective.  The
condensation literally drips off the windows.

My questions are these:  Can I stop the leak in the door by replacing the
rubber seal at the base of the window and the plastic sheet in the door?
.and. How on earth can I dry out the interior of the car, given that it is
now December in Canada, and a little cold.  I'm not above running a heater
or dehumidifier out to it at night, but I  don't know if it will work.
Anyone seen anything like this and managed to fix it?

David
--
David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>

My opinions, usually, are not even my own (...so I'm told)