TR7/Saab heads?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7/Saab heads?
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 06:46:40 -0800
There has been some recent disscussion on the 'other" list about various
british design influences on other makes.  One thread was about Saab's
purchase of the rights to build Triumphs slant 4 found in TR7's.  Talking to
a friend here at work who owns a Saab (no flames please ) and he says that
the later 900's or at least some of them had 4 valve heads.  Hummmm . .
.Triumph slant 4. . . Sabb slant 4. . . Hummmmm got me thinking ( a
dangerous thing )  Has anyone ever tried to match up a pair of head gaskets
to see if they match.  Could be a potent combo if it fits.  Imagine, a TR7
with a 4 valve head.  Can you tell I've been cooped up too long.  It's been
raining for four days and I havent been able to drive any of my lbc's.  Must
be going through withdrawal's.  ( I can just here all the sympathy pouring
out right now! ) :-) OH please, my medication is forthcomming, now if I can
just release these damn arm restraints -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+