More questions, parts wanted

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: More questions, parts wanted
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 09:08:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 Looking for a pair of tan or tan tartan seats for TR7/8 in good condition.
Idiot at certain repair shop in PA won't come down from $500 for a pair that
have been in a basement for ten years.

Were all TR8's perfectly color coordinated? Is it OK to have black carpeting
with an otherwise tan interior?

Did the original carpets fasten down with press studs like the TR6, or were
they glued?

Did the black/white visor come with all color interiors?

Is $300 a good price to have the cloth inlays replaced on the seats,
including replacing or adding to the existing foam? I would be keeping the
vinyl back and sides if I decide to go the refinishing route.

Realise these are a lot of dumb questions, but I am wrestling with the fact
my car has a new Poseiden green paint job, a new black top. and originally
was tan inside, but was converted to black, which I hate. Is it possible to
remove the black paint on the tan trim pieces, or repaint them? THe expense
of buying all new trim, carpets and seats is awesome, and I need some good
advice here.i.e. convince me that I say to hell with the cost, its my
favorite toy, or "yor'e in your second childhood so enjoy it". Then tell my
wife.

I was recounting to the TR8 post how I replaced my remote bushings at the
weekend. Yesterday I was doing about 70 when all of a sudden there was this
God awful noise and the car shook all over. I pulled over, the motor sounded
fine, started poking around and found the towel I had thoughtfully placed on
the cross member to catch falling parts was now wrapped securely round the
driveshaft. Luckily nothing got damaged.