GT6 Drive shaft

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Drive shaft
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 07:29:11 -0800 (PST)
What is the correct orentation for the drive shaft U-joints?

I had a bit of noise, so I looked at the U-joints.   Seemed that one was
just a bit loose at the back so I pulled it out (it really did look fine
when disassembled).

I was to quick.   I did not mark the slip joint as the the correct position
for reassembly.   I think that the two ends should be alligned the same on
the shaft so that a lines drawn though the center of the yokes would be
paralell.   Correct?
That only leaves two choices for assembly.   On in ballance and one that is
by guess and by golly.

Any suggestions?    (short of pulling the shaft and taking it in for re
ballance)

Thanks,

Thomas Howard
LUSD, (619) 390-2627
('72 Triumph GT-6; and a good bit of USA iron)