Re: radical triumph ideas

To: eburger@sagelink.com
Subject: Re: radical triumph ideas
From: Tony Robinson <TonyR@dzn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 00:40:54 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
eburger@sagelink.com wrote:

> Hello all!  I have not been with the list in quite some time!  Anyway, I
> was wondering what some of the more radical ideas you folks have done
> with your triumphs (or any other car) are.  I'm interested in anything;
> from something as simple as mixing parts between different triumphs to
> something as radical as converting a spitfire to an EV (electric
> vehicle).
>
> I am deciding how to restore my Spitfire.  I know I don't want to
> restore it to origional.  I want to know what I can do, and what might
> be done.

Ed,
 Boy, are you opening up a can of worms.
 How about beefing up the suspension and going with a "built" TR6
engine,tranny and drive line?
 Heck, for that matter, you may be able to find a way to make an
aluminum Rover V-8
somehow fit under "there".
 It will definitely be interesting to see some of the responses you get.
Regards,
TonyR
"GT6s"