Re: Spitfumes

To: Spit74@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfumes
From: Kevin Klotz <klotz@winnie.fit.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 19:31:47 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Here are a few ideas that I have:

1.  You could have a leaking gasket on your carb which I believe to be a
150 Stromberg.  This was the case when I got my 79, but a carb rebuild kit
quickly took care of that problem.

2.  Also, my carbon canisters were leaking at the bottom where the seam
is, all the way around the canister.

3.  The last thing to consider is that the fuel tank is right behind the
rear of the passenger compartment.  Mine had developed a hair-line crack
in the center of the bottom where the tank makes a relatively sharp bend.

Good luck, hope some of this helps!!

Kevin Klotz
79 Spit