Iowa-Oregon convoy "97"!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Iowa-Oregon convoy "97"!
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 23:10:45 -0600 (CST)
        Are there any adventure seekers out there?  I would like to visit my
sister in Salem, Oregon in June of 1997.  I would like to take Highway 12
which goes from Minneapolis to Walla Walla, Washington and is approximately
1400 miles.  This is a two lane highway and is probably very desolate,
especially through the Dakota's and eastern Montana.  However, western
Montana, Idaho, and the Columbia River valley would be spectacular.  We
would probably slow down there and enjoy the scenery, fly fishing and tour.

        I would not hesitate to take this route on my own but think it would
be more fun with a group.  It would help to have other's mechanical
knowledge (surely won't be needed!) as well as comradary.  If there is
anyone out there that is interested please let me know.  I will keep a list
of those interested and also keep this group informed of plans as they are
developing.

        Those of you who also are subscribed to other newsgroups, would you
let those groups know, as it would be interesting to include all makes of
LBC's.  We could even race wide open through Montana!  Another possibility
is to hook up with various clubs as we pass through their area.

        Pass the word and give me feedback if interested.

                                Gary Nafziger
                                Box 25
                                Wellman, Iowa    52356
                                naffy@netins.net