Re: TR6 Fenders

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Fenders
From: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@ny.frontiercomm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 96 21:48:57 -0500
>When purchasing TR6 fenders from any of the catalog houses, is there a
>difference in the product?  I guess they are all made from the same die
>right?  If there is a difference, please let me know.

I purchased a set of four several years ago from TRF. There was a sight
difference between the to two front fenders around the headlight housing
area. One of the rings was smooth and well formed, the other was dimpled
and looked somewhat crude compared to it's mate. It's a small point,
since this area isn't visible when everything is buttoned up. All four
fenders fit as well as the orginials. I guess one could view that
positively or negatively :)

One of the fronts had a small flat spot on the top of the curve that
needed minor attention.

Richard Leopold
75 TR6 Done and drivin'
70 TR6 Sitin' and waitin'