Re: Fitting Cam Bearings to a 1500 spitfire engine

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: Fitting Cam Bearings to a 1500 spitfire engine
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 20:11:51 -0800
Cc: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Ken et. al,
  Thanks so much for your insightful feedback.
  I spoke with the rebuilder yesterday (Monday).
  He now believes that the cam failed due to an abscence of lubricating
grooves on it's journals. My original cam had said grooves to entrain the
oil so that it could not be squeezed out. The rebuilder is modifying the
newest replacement cam journals to mimic the original cam's grooves.
  Thank you all again for your torrent of support. I deeply appreciate
it.

God Bless You All!

-Vince