Part number for GT6+ camshaft

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part number for GT6+ camshaft
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:26:35 +1100
Hello to all list members.

I am a relatively new watcher of this list, and have found the first
challenge for the assembled minds.

I have just pulled the camshaft out of my GT6+'s original motor (yes it's
an American import to Australia that I converted from LHD to RHD), and am
trying to identify it. This motor has been well and truely cooked, and I'm
using a basic 2000 sedan motor at the moment.

The cam has a part number 307621 hand engraved on it, which is not listed
in any of the literature I have. In Australia we always had the English
spec cars with the steeper cam, higher compression, and most importantly
MORE POWER! (no anti-smog!).

The camshaft I've got has one narrow ring between the cam retainer grove
and the end of the camshaft.

Does anybody know what this is? and if so, do you know the duration, lift
etc?

Thanks

Bill Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>

'70 GT6+ (my wifes daily driver, when it's not spitting out gearbox
bearings!)
'69 Spitfire MkIII (my wife Sal's, in queue for a restoration)
'67 Spitfire MkII (my race car, presently in a long restoration)