Re: loss O'power

To: van@nucmar.physics.fsu.edu
Subject: Re: loss O'power
From: "Van S. Griffin" <van@nucmar.physics.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 10:10:14 -0500 (EST)

> Andrew,
>       I too suggest a fuel filter replacement.  Same problem with my Olds
> 2 weeks ago. It used to spit, surge, sputter and stall on hills.  It was
> getting to be expected every day; as I went up the hill by Doak Campbell
> Stadium when leaving the lab in the evening (car was cold) it would begin to
> throw fits. When I went back down the other side of the hill it would run

        Gee, I didn't know that buttun did that.  I'll continue after I rudely
interrupted myself...

fine.  The hill by the stadium is tha largest on my route.  I thought it was
an emmision control device since the car was in that cold to warm transition.
I checked the vacuum stuff and replaced the cheap components, suspect tubing
and a nicely "clicking" PCV valve without success.  A filter was the last cheap
component to replace and the EGR appeard fine.  The fuel filter was the cure
even though it appeared fine to the eyeball.  I imagine the porosity of the
filter was marginal and it could not pass the increased fuel flow demand that
overcoming the hill required.  I used Texaco gas, by the way.

                                                        No sig file, Van

And by the way, Gators are belly crawl'n lizards.