'70 MkIII Spitfire Heater Motor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: '70 MkIII Spitfire Heater Motor
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 96 22:18:59 GMT
I'm finally getting around to installing the heater controls.  I'm getting
kinda tired of wiping the inside of the windshield while I drive whenever it
rains.  I figure that the fan has got to help at least a little.

So the question is how is the motor and switch wired?  My wiring diagram shows
a green into the switch and then black from the switch to the motor.  However,
my switch has two speeds with one green/yellow wire with a male connector
attached to the first speed strip.  Out of the heater box there is a
green/white with a female plug, light green/yellow(?) with a female spade
connector, and black.  So I assume that the green/white from the box plugs into
the green/white on the switch, and then the light green/yellow(?) plugs on the
high speed strip, with the black going to the motor.  Does that sound right?
Part of the problem is that I'm having a hard time with the wire colors as they
are faded.

TIA and Happy Holidays!

Bill M.
'70 MkIII Spitfire