Spark Plugs

To: triumph club <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spark Plugs
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 17:31:37 +0000
Here's a tech tip for you TR6'ers. I had a problem with plugs fouling,
the PO had installed  Bosch's that were to cold for the tired engine. I
was in pep boys today, cruising through the Accel catalog. Surprisingly,
they list most of the Triumph range. I wanted to go to a hotter plug, so
using the chart in the catalog, got their plug no. 496.
It's listed as a TR8 replacement, but is dimensionally the same as the
TR6 p/n. Sold as a set of 8 under box #8181. So, every 3 tuneups, you
get a free set of 6! :). Anyway, put them in and the improvment was very
noticeable. The engine starts faster, revs much easier and has much,
much more power than before. Best $15 i've spent on the car.
Anyway, if you're having a plug fouling problem this might be the
solution, at least until you get around to rebuilding the engine!