TR4/TR3 Trunion Troubles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4/TR3 Trunion Troubles
From: daverne@dlcwest.com (Doug Daverne)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 13:36:23 -0600
Season's Greetings to All,

I have a problem with excessive play between the lower suspension trunion
and the vertical link on the driver's side of my '61 TR-4.  I first
discovered this as a result of a perceived steering looseness (rack &
tie-rod ends are rebuilt or new).  Anyway my question is as follows; of
those of you who have done a lower suspension rebuild, and there must be
many, has anyone ever found it necessary to replace the vertical link or has
trunion replacement always been sufficient?  I accept that the trunions will
be replaced but want to make sure that things will be tight after this.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/suggestions.

Doug Daverne

Saskatchewan, Canada (-30C) "The Siberia of the Western Hemsiphere"