Re: Panasport Wheel Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panasport Wheel Question
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 97 09:17:28 PST
Cc: LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Bob Lang wrote:

        >If a set of Panasport wheels says "racing" on them, these are the
        >"non-DOT" wheels, correct? I just saw a set on a car, and I think they
        >are the lights, not the normal street wheels. I'd like some feedback..

I just purchased and mounted a set of 15"x7" on my TR6; they were the
"garden-variety/cheap/road-use" or DOT-approved, and the word "racing" is
embossed on the wheel.  I've not seen a set of the non-DOT "lites",
but I understand that the a big visual difference between them is that
the non-DOT "lites" have no provision for the plastic hub-cap to be
mounted, as do the road-use set.

Incidentally, there is also a big price difference; $195 ea for the
road-use wheels, and $295 ea for the non-DOT wheels.  Discounting
exists.

        Shane Ingate with Pana Xmas present in San Diego