RE: shocks

To: "Ed Burger" <eburger@sagelink.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: shocks
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 02 Jan 1997 12:18:06 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0E50632CC17FE002-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 02 Jan 1997 12:18:06 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 02 Jan 1997 12:18:06 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0E50632CC17FE002*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
 Ed Burger wrote:
What shocks would you folks recommend putting onto a Sptfire (Mark II)?
Sears is having a huge sale on all of thier shocks - will any from there
be of any use on the Spit?  The most expensive shock they have is $45
(each), much less than a new set of Spax or Koni.  If the Sears ones
will work, what are the specs (I have no idea how shocks are measured).

Ed, I'd be very surprised if Sears carries a shock designed for an early
Spit.  If they don't have it and you do not plan to race or autox the car,
call TRF, Sports Car Specialties, or any other Triumph parts place and they
will have a replacement for the original Woodhead shocks.  Figure $35 apiece
or so.  If you want high performance shocks go with the Konis or the Spax
(although I have heard mixed reviews about the Spax).  Cheers.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 SPitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe