Electrical short

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical short
From: "Scott Dinhofer" <dinhofer@concorde-group.com>
Date: 7 Jan 1997 08:14:43 U
Electrical short
After having my battery die, I installed a new one and started my '76 TR6 up
just fine. When installing the battery restraining bar I accidently touched
both terminals
with the bar creating a short. I have had the battery tested and determined that
it is fine. I obviously have a short in my electrical system, I can say that
nothing electrical is working in the car. However when it sits for a while, I do
have some electrical. I have checked the fuses I can find on the drivers side of
the car in the engine compartment, all look ok. Any ideas?

even though the battery checked out ok, could it still be the source of my
trouble?

Thanks in advance!