Spitfire: Ragtop recess?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire: Ragtop recess?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 9 Jan 97 10:26:29
In my (never-ending) to try to return my Spit to an orginal facsimile, I¹m
looking at replacing my ªtop bootª -- the cover that conceals the ragtop when
it¹s down.  Which brings me to my next question -- is there supposed to be some
sort of ªstopª that prevents the top rack from retracting beyond a certain
place in the back well?  Mine just sort of sits loosely in the recess, with no
clear bottom point.  Does adding a ªtop bootª solve this problem?
----
Martin Secrest
¹74 Spitfire 1500
FM18943