Re: Mini-lite Wheels for Spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mini-lite Wheels for Spitfire
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 10:36:54 PST
Barry H. Adams wrote:
        > I noticed Moss has their Mini-Lites on sale for $119.95.

All,
        Please note that these are not "real" Minilights, but
repros/look-a-likes.  Minilight-repros/look-a-likes have brand
names such as Panasport, KN and Superlights.  Brooklands
(305/776-BRIT) now carry real Minilights, and they cost LOTS
more than the repros/look-a-likes.  There are also two different
styles within the Minilight range (maybe more?); the
repros/look-a-likes tend to me modeled on the earlier style.

        Anyone know about these two styles?  To me, the later style
had a flat "dish" about 10" in diameter in the center of the wheel,
and had shorter "spokes" realtive to the earlier style.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego