RE: Spitfire Mk I and II

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire Mk I and II
From: VXHZ45A@prodigy.com (MR DAN ELDER)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 18:52:42, -0500
Reguarding the potential purchase of Mk I or II Spit,
I have a nice signal red Mk I Spitfire and would not trade it for a
later model. I prefer the body style and you'll rarely see another
one pass by on the road. The later spits do have some improvements in
suspension and power but if so inclined you can upgrade an early car
with certain later parts ( i.e. the swing spring ). I merely rebuilt
the original suspension and put spax shocks on the rear and find the
car drives nicely and on the street and is not too shabby for
occaisional autocrossing at Triumph meets.
Dan in Tampa
MKI spit
'65 Herald 1200 convertable "FOR SALE"
'65 Sports 6 "driver"
'64 Sports 6 "do it youself restoration project"