Paint matching

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint matching
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:44:37 +0100
Good morning:
All this talk about repaints and paint matching prompts me to offer a tip.
When the Mistress was repainted, I wanted to get back to the original
Signal Red (the car had been many colors). The area under the crash pad on
the dash had never been repainted, scuffed or exposed to sunlight,
therefore it was the perfect spot to match against. We took The Book of
Paint Chips and started to look for the match. This is best done in
sunlight rather than artificial light (higher color temperature). There is
a dizzying number of reds, but the best match was a GM color called Torch
Red, used on Sunbirds and Cavaliers. Hope this helps...

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951