Further Questions about Spitfire MKIII

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Further Questions about Spitfire MKIII
From: Per Tore Wiik <per.tore.wiik@login.eunet.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 07:35:06 +0100
I want to thank you all for all the information and experiences I
received from my last question (Regarding differences between MKI &
MKIII).

Because of the information, I am planning to go for the MKIII. Its major
problems is sawed-in-two front bumper, rust in the rear wings, not
original seats, AND lots of rust in the floor! My major concern is the
rust. The plates split in the corners some places and the rest of the
floor is not looking to well (I have not seen this myself -only
information from the seller).

Should this bother me much? I know I have to do a lot of welding on the
floor, but does this mean there are a lot of rust on the rest of the
car?

I think the price of the car is fairly nice, but are hoping not to end
up with a hopeless project in the garage (My father owns a
totally-in-parts Citroen Traction that I suppose never again will see
the light!).