Spit Door Latch

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: Spit Door Latch
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 20 Jan 1997 12:18:21 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 03AB232E3D30D001-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 20 Jan 1997 12:18:21 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 20 Jan 1997 12:18:21 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <03AB232E3D30D001*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Greetings all -

The passenger (right side) door latch on my Mk I Spit is fairly worn, and
thus despite as much adjusting, etc., as possible, does not securely latch
the door shut with the somewhat embarassing (and for the passenger,
frightening) spectacle of the door popping open at inopportune times, such
as when rounding a left hand corner, or going over a sizeable bump (I found
out when taking it for an inaugural spin around the block with the missus  -
 hang on, Honey!!).  It is a combination of a worn striker plate (the part
that mounts to the door B-post) and a worn latch mechanism (the part that
mounts to the door).  I suppose I could simply make sure that I only turn
right in the car (which, being a conservative republican voter actually
SOUNDS like a fine idea) but I doubt I'd ever get the car out of my
neighborhood.

So, I need a replacement latch and striker plate assembly for the right door
of a Mk I/II Spit in better condition than mine - anyone have one with which
they are willing to part?  It doen't have to be pretty as I can clean and
polish it, but it does need to work.  Thanks in advance for all replies.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe