new

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new
From: snake@cris.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 13:10:38 -0500 (EST)
Hi I am brand new to this mailing list, so far it is great.  I am probably
one of the youngest people on the list, I am 16 and in MI.  I have a 73
Spitfire 1500 I got it when I was 14, when I got it it needed a lot of work
the floors were gone the rocker panlens were very rusty and the interior was
totaly roted.  The top was left down for 4 or more years.  But that's what I
wanted something I could work on untill i was 16.  I only paid $400 for the
car.  Sence then my Dad and I have been doing a lot of body work and
cleanning.  The car was orginaly from Tenn and had sand everywhere.(the
power washer worked good)  We have did all the work ourselves except for
rebuilding the carb, we have also made all of the body parts that we
replaced, you can't tell the difference between ours and the orginal.  We
saved a lot of money doing this.  I redid the dash with wood venieer, looks
really good.  Now I am just getting done with the car putting it all
together and hopefully the engine runs(we have never started, but it turns
over fine and there are no leeks so it looks alright so far.)  I can't wait
untill it is done, looking forward to good weather.  If anyone has any info
on this car I would be greatfull, also i am looking for any and all pics of
this car.  e-mail me with any info or if you would like to chat.

later,
Jake