Re: Paint for exhaust headers

To: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Re: Paint for exhaust headers
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:24:35 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Eric Straub wrote:

> ceramic may be a better way to go. If so, where can I get ceramic?  The
> rest of my exhaust is stainless, so it's only the header I'm concerned
> about.

There are two ceramic processes that apply to exhaust manifolds... some
cars had a porcelain coating on the stock cast manifold (such as the
older Jags) which must be applied by a vendor, and the latest for
headers, which is a plasma-spray process (can't do it yourself without
plasma-spray equipment). Someone here may have a vendor's name and
address, but failing that, pick up a recent copy of Hot Rod magazine,
and you'll find tons of ads for companies who will do your header for
about $120-150 and shipping.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....