drivers attitude

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: drivers attitude
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 22:17:18 -0600 (CST)
I enjoyed the attitude of Bob Paul.  What does it matter if your car looks
like concours or not?  It is to be driven and have fun with, that is
important.  I find it very difficult to keep from getting paint chips,
insect goop and oil spray in various places.

This relates somewhat to the subject of re-introducing a new Triumph marque.
It would be neat to have a very inexpensive sports car.  One that would be
the opposite of the new sports cars now made such as the BMW, Boxter, and
Mercedes.  This would be offered without any amenities even including radio,
carpets, electrical windows and maybe even a heater.  These could be
options.  Then in the area of engine, drive train, suspension and the fun
goodies many sporting options would be offered and the emphasis would be on
simplicity so that the owner could order and upgrade himself with simple tools.

This would put the sporting back into sports cars.  The styling would also
have to get away from the jelly bean look and get back to some sharper lines
or pick up some of the TR-3 and Spitfire lines.  A racing program could be
started just as they do with the Neon, and that price range would be
appropriate also.

Just a thought also, why not a kit car?  The time may be right for this as
the price of cars has become outrageous.  Boy winter must be getting to me.
I never ramble like this!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa