wiper hassle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: wiper hassle
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:55:24 +0000 (GMT)

  Help me please!!!!

  While driving home in dreadfull rain I nearly had a heart attack as my
wipers failed! My wonderful passenger (howard-cheers!) saw that it wasn't
a dreaded electrical failure but that the wipers had run off the
windscreen and were stuck by the sealing rubber. Braving the wind and
rain he pushed the wiper back on the screen but it kept shooting off. To
solve the problem I had to remove the passenger (Left hand) wiper arm.

Anyway I saw that the plastic hooks that secure the rubber to the blade
had broken. I went out and bought a 'Champion' replacement and expected
the problem to be sorted, not so!

Now when the wipers are on they move from right to left and then get
stuck on the screen and wiggle about. I have taken the arms off to put
them back in the original start position but to no avail they still stick.

   Any Ideas? Thanks in advance,

Johnny Storm
'77 Spit (just after I said that they weren't that much trouble!)