Spit motor mods?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit motor mods?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 27 Jan 97 12:13:38
Last week, the advice I got about fitting a GT6 engine in a Spit have caused me
to ... uh .. ªrethinkª my long range motor plans.

I can find a cheap ol¹ Spit 1500 block, so I¹m considering a leisurely rebuild
of an engine while the one in my car easily still has several years of good
life left in it.  Since I have some time, I¹d like to try to make the rebuilt
engine produce a higher-than-average level of performance.  Generally, I guess
this includes a ported head, perfomance cams, etc.   What are the other things
one can do to squeeze out some extra power from this little engine-that-could
without breaking the bank (and which are ªmost worthª doing)?

----
Martin Secrest
¹74 Spitfire 1500
FM18943