Spit main/rod bearings

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit main/rod bearings
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:53:22 -0600 (CST)
Any opinions about Vandervell(sp?) vs. AE bearings out there?  I've heard
(probably in one of the TRF newsletters) that Vandervell is the way to go
but they are unavailable in any size other than .010 under - at least from
TRF. I can get by without having my crank turned, but would then have to
use the AE bearings.  Is it worth the added expense (cost of bearings and
machine work) to go with the Vandervell?  Will I be doing the job again in
20,000 miles if I go with the AE bearings?

Any and all opinions appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Omaha NE.