Re: GT6: The final straw<07120198415449@onaustralia.com.au>

To: Bill and Sal Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Re: GT6: The final straw<07120198415449@onaustralia.com.au>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:53:10 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Listers
 ^^^^^^^

Wasn't he in Red Dwarf??? Sorry, that's a Limey thing, I doubt it gets shown
abroad!!! :-)

>I have just reach the end of the road with our GT6+. After a major rebuild
>(initiated by a bearing noise that we still cann't find), the car now has a
>rebiult TR6 gearbox, 3.27 diff, and rear axle.

>This morning I followed my wife to work (I have a company car so Sal gets
>to drive the Triumph!!), and the left hand side rear wheel has developed a
>major wobble 20+ mm deflection at the tread (new bearings etc less that 100
>miles ago!!). The wobble is coming from the brake drum in (I pulled the
>wheel off in her works carpark).

>"Anybody want a cheap Triumph?" (yes I am kidding, however if I had had an
>offer this morning it was "outa here")

Now I don't know if this applicable to Rotoflex rear suspension, but a
friend(YES, I do have some!!! :-)) bought a spitfire that had a severe rear
wheel wobble, turned out to be a bent rear halfshaft, anyone who reads my
drivel in the Leicester area news review in the Courier(TSSC mag) may recall
mention of Dave 'bent halfshaft' Swales, well that was him!!!! :-)

Cheerio

Rich