TR6 Engine Rod Bolts - Summary

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Engine Rod Bolts - Summary
From: Gary Klein <gklein@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 12:34:08 -0500
I looks as if the majority vote is to stick with the TRF/VB/Moss
supplied bolts for the rods vice substitution with another grade 8
without the smaller shank.  The main opinion was that the bolt may need
to stretch afterall.  I'll probably "chicken out", like Dave Herr did,
and go with the original bolts.  What's a couple of bucks at this point,
eh?

If anyone knows of someone who can definitively answer this question,
there maybe some future savings for fellow Scions, or at least,
confirmation as to the mechanical necessity for the "original" type
bolt.

Thanks to all who replied,

Gary Klein
'75 TR6 Undergoing a Rehab