Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Peter Firla <Bombur@snet.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 18:29:48 -0800
Peter Firla wrote:

> I got my order today, and promptly too, 3 days after the fax, regular UPS.
>
> Of the $312 order, $265 is on backorder. I think they are moving away from
> "in stock" on many items and more toward brokering orders to suppliers for
> later delivery. Saves inventory costs big time, I assume.
>
> In 9 years I have never not been backordered, but nothing like this. Makes
> projects impossible.
>
> Peter Firla

Peter and List:

I ordered upholstry for the seats, carpet padding and carpet, trim set, and
a Robbins hood for my TR6. I also ordered most gaskets and seals to be replaced
with the paint job which is just getting under way. All of the major orders
(carpet, trim, hood, upholstry) are on back order!

I have called twice to try and get some estimate on when back orders are
to be expected. I have been told there is no way to know this. When I asked
if they are asking their distrubutors the same question, the answer was sure,
but no further help. I also have a few items, nothing significant, on back-
order since November.

I really like the quality of parts TRF supplies but am extremely frustrated
with the back orders, especially when they are running the Winter special and
should expect to have an increase in orders, especially big cost items such
as what I did.

Do you think they are waiting to get all orders in through the sale and then
place their order looking for more savings from the distributor at our
inconvenience? They certainly wouldn't admit to it.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6